Saturday, August 6, 2011

Shell & Rope Necklace

So being from "The Beach" it is only fitting that when someone graduates, we will give something beachy. None of that boring lei flower mumbo jumbo! I use to work at a local high school that was heavily populated with Pacific Islanders and Polynesians. To me, their handmade crafts are absolutely gorgeous! Being from the beach, why wouldn't I love such things? Look at the earthy colors and materials. All around natural! I LOVE IT!







One day towards graduation, I was given the opportunity to sit in and watch how they made a rope and shell necklace to give out to the graduating seniors that were in their program.

What i LOVE best about this is the versatility in the necklace/ lei. There are so much more than just to give out during a graduation ceremony. A beach theme party instead of those plastic flower leis (and it can double as a party favor), a birthday party, bridal shower, ANYTHING! Also, I thought about using this as a border and to hang tiki charm letters from the rope. I just haven't been given an opportunity to do so.

I recently made this for a graduation because like I said before, I live near the beach., lets do a beach theme!

The natural shell and rope color really looks great against the bright, vibrant colors of the flowers. Also, it wont die or wilt! So this necklace/ lei can be kept as a wonderful graduation memory!

Check out our SimpleeNou Etsy Store  for more crafts. Or ask us how we can help make your next celebration a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment