Thursday, November 17, 2011

Saluting our Vets

Hey all. So recently we had the honor of creating a welcome poster for the Veterans Affairs at CSU-Los Angeles.

We agreed to this project back in September and I (baby sister) have to say that it was not an easy task. I told them that it would take a while because I wanted to honor the veterans for all that they have done for our country and now that they are going back to school, I wanted to incorporate CSU-Los Angeles to the poster also because they are now a Golden Eagle (school mascot).

Here is the outcome:


What I did was use our skinny alphabet letters to create the middle portion and CSULA is in a freehand block letter that I drew, cut, and outlined.  I used charm letters to create "WELCOME." What I did was cut off the hook and made it into a square and backed it with yellow so that it stands out.

Black and yellow is the school's color, so therefore all the letters were in black & yellow. To be patriotic i did a tile-style American Flag, and the "stars" are circular cutouts of the mascot: Golden Eagles.


No comments:

Post a Comment